In the 90s, colourfully beaded anklets could be found in every teen’s wardrobe. Now, in 2023, anklets are finally having a revival as a simple way to add a playful, feminine touch to your outfits. From minimalist pearl charms to bold yellow-gold chains, there is a piece of ankle jewellery for both day and night looks. Anklets are definitely a must-have accessory this season, so read on to find out about the many styles of ankle jewellery so you can find the ideal look for you.
My two favourite designer ankle bracelets that I currently wear
There are two anklets that I consider to be a staple of my wardrobe. The first is the beaded double-chain anklet by Monica Vinader. This handmade anklet layers gold on sterling silver to create a delicate and stylish yet durable finish. I have the rose gold anklet, but it also comes in gold and silver, all of which are recycled so you can be fashionable while still protecting the planet. Not only is this anklet simple yet eye-catching – it also pairs perfectly with my other favourite anklet: the gold and diamond anklet by Mateo New York. This dainty anklet features a pretty set diamond and a classy “M” charm on the clasp. I love the way that these two anklets complement each other!
Gold designer anklets
Gold anklets are the perfect classic style if you’re looking to buy your first anklet! Here are my recommendations for stylish gold anklets:
- Mariah Butterfly Anklet by Jennifer Zeuner – a versatile anklet adorned with a bright blue butterfly, adding a playful pop of colour
- Rope Chain Anklet by Zoë Chicco – a thicker anklet featuring an elegant chain pattern
- Double-chain Adjustable Anklet by Monica Vinader – this 18-karat gold and recycled silver anklet features two delicate chain-links
Pearl designer Anklets
Add interest to your traditional pearl jewellery set by accessorising with a pearl anklet:
- 5-Point Pearl Anklet by Mateo – this graceful gold cable-link chain features five beautifully minimalistic pearl charms
- Pearl Crystal Anklet by Jimmy Choo – a silver-finish anklet with an alternating pearl/crystal pattern as well as the iconic Jimmy Choo logo as a charm
- Lydia Anklet by Petite Grand – a gold, hand-twisted chain embellished with dainty pearls
Layered anklets feature a double or triple chain, making them instantly easy to style without having to find additional complementary anklets!
- Butterfly Double Strand Anklet by And Now This – this wispy, sparkling butterfly adds a uniquely fun vibe to the layered anklet!
- Polished Heart Ankle Bracelet by Giani Bernini – an affordable layered anklet option with a cute polished heart charm. Available in both gold and silver
If you prefer a bolder look, the built-in anklet is just for you! These anklets are readily attached to a pair of heels, so there’s no need to worry about finding the right shoe to match your look. Here are some of my faves:
- Matilda Embellished Pumps by Mach & Mach – these trendy, clear pumps feature a cute bow and a dainty pearl beaded charm
- Damnation 12 Cognac Pumps by Maison Ernest – the anklet on these classic nude heels is removable, making the pumps simple to transition from day to night looks
- Jimmy Choo Diamond Talura 100mm pumps – A stylish Pump with a V-shape vamp, pointed toe and gold anklet detail
Embellished Diamond anklets
These dressy, diamond-adorned anklets are perfect for classy evenings out on the town:
- Rose Gold Diamond Anklet by Anita Ko – an 18-karat rose gold anklet with a single teardrop-shaped diamond
- Diamond & Gold Anklet by Zoë Chicco – a dainty golden chain adorned with carré-cut diamond drops
Fine Jewellery anklets
Looking for a more exquisite, unique style? Once you’ve found your feet with simpler anklets, experiment with distinctive fine jewellery anklets and creative styles.
- Yellow Gold Diamond Anklet by Adine Reyter – a yellow-gold chain with eye-catching flower-shaped diamond charms
- Stasia Diamond Anklet by Alinka – this 18-karat rose gold anklet is embellished with the brand’s signature star charm
- Move Uno Ankle Bracelet by Messika Paris – a uniquely maximalist yellow-gold chain adorned with seven set diamonds and an O-ring diamond char
Where to buy YSL anklet bracelets?
Yves Saint Laurent has a small collection of stylish anklets, including this stunning silver-tone crystal anklet. You can find more anklets on their website in the jewellery section, depending on the season!
Where to buy Jimmy Choo anklet bracelets?
Jimmy Choo’s Saeda anklet draws inspiration from the matching Saeda heels, making for a perfect co-ord pair. The hand-crafted crystal anklet is effortlessly stylish, and similar anklets are available on Jimmy Choo’s website.
Where to buy Valentino anklet bracelets?
Unfortunately, Valentino anklets are not currently available on the website or other official retailers. However, there are some Valentino anklets selling through resellers and thrifters. Alternatively, you can choose a bracelet you like and have the chain extended by a jeweller; keep in mind that most bracelets are less than 20cm and anklets typically need to be around 26cm to fit comfortably.
Where to buy Louis Vuitton anklet bracelets?
LV anklets are not currently available on the website or other official retailers. However, there are some beautiful unisex Louis Vuitton anklets selling through resellers and thrifters. Alternatively, you can choose a bracelet you like and have the chain extended by a jeweller; keep in mind that most bracelets are less than 20cm and anklets typically need to be around 26cm to fit comfortably.
Where to buy Prada anklet bracelets?
Prada has not released a jewellery collection featuring anklets before. On the bright side, you can choose a bracelet you like and have the chain extended by a jeweller to create an anklet that is uniquely yours. Just keep in mind that most bracelets are less than 20cm and anklets typically need to be around 26cm to fit comfortably.
Where to buy Louboutin anklet bracelets?
Louboutin’s super chic built-in anklet heels feature a maximalist design of a bold, heavyweight adorned with oversized charms. The look is complete with a classic pair of black leather open-toe sandals. Keep an eye on the Louboutin website for similar releases in upcoming collections!
Where to buy Chanel anklet bracelets?
Unfortunately, Chanel anklets are not currently available on the store website or other official retailers. However, there are a few Chanel anklets selling through resellers and thrifters. Alternatively, you can pick a bracelet you like and have the chain extended by a jeweller; keep in mind that most bracelets are less than 20cm and anklets typically need to be around 26cm to fit well.
I hope you loved this read as much as I loved selecting the best anklet recommendations for you. If you want to see how I’ve styled the anklets, check out my Instagram profile. Thanks for reading, and see you in the next blog post!